Sunday 11 January 2009

Supersample (Lomography)

One look at the quirky-looking Supersampler and you know that it's a camera like no other! This ultra-lightweight, low-maintenance 35mm camera fits perfectly in your hand for spontaneous shooting! Aim the Supersampler at your moving (or non-moving) subject, pull the ripcord, press the tiny button - and voila! You have just "sampled" your subject into four panoramic panels. So how on earth is this possible?! See those four beady eyes nestled in front of its plastic body? Thos are the ultra-talented, super-sharp lenses that slice your image into four panels. Results are wickedly cool if your subject is in hyperactive motion, or if you prefer to shoot non-moving objects, you'll have to do the jumping and moving!



This lightweight shootbox operates without batteries, and needs a high ASA film of all kinds - negative, slides, color, or black & white. There are two speeds available - 4 photos in 2 seconds (.50sec/photo) or 4 photos in 0.2 seconds (.05sec/photo). No need to fuss with focus settings, since it has a fixed focus of 0.3 meter to infinity. With its portability and convenience, the Supersampler is hailed the "Queen of all Multi-Lensed Cameras." Now you know why!

I've own a blue supersample and its a birthday present from a friend, i like it very much. I've tried to use it for a few film on my way to wakefield to meet up Rebecca, to Tess's and May's convo, to Alnwick Castle with my sister and my dear June, and also to the field trip in Berlin with my lovely Sling and others. Although I've develop quite a few films now, but i still cant really get the technique of using it. Hopefully I can get a very nice photo with my supersample one day.

Its worth to own a supersample if you are interested in photography. It is a different way of taking a view that you like and should say it is more to action. For me, I like to use supersample to shoot down the way that the object move, it makes the photo to tell story when you look at it. Cant deny that photography really need some investment. For lomography camera, you won know the result untill you had develop it. So, don hesitate, give it a try if it is affordable for you!




I've used so many films to get a nice photo using my supersample, unfortunately above is the only photo that i like the most from all the photos that I've developed, but its still worth a try. Im actually not so good in lomography but it really part of my interest, Im sharing this gear with you its because i think its worth to make it a try if u really a 'photomaniac' like me! And, I believe practice makes better. The Berlin's photo still in the camera, and I cant wait to develop the film that is still in it now! Wait for my update with experience on my supersample if i can get really nice photos with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment